The prescription to health this week prepared by “Dr” Haanel!
However strange it may seem, it is the second or destructive activity that is, with rare exception, the cause of all disease. The waste material accumulates and saturates the tissues, which causes autointoxication. This may be partial or general. In the first case the disturbance will be local; in the second place it will affect the whole system.
“Nourishing foods and strengthening tonics” cannot bestow life, because these are but secondary manifestations to life. The primary manifestation of life and how you may get in touch with it is explained in the Part which I have the privilege of enclosing herewith.
Part twenty-two is accelerating our velocity!
2. If the state of our health is not all that could be desired, let us examine our method of thinking; let us remember that every thought produces an impression on the mind; every impression is a seed which will sink into the subconscious and form a tendency; the tendency will be to attract other similar thoughts and before we know it we shall have a crop which must be harvested.
Please recognize; no one to one thinking. Sometimes it takes a hundred in to get one good thing out. Once you catch the ‘wave’, it may only take one in to get one hundred out.
6. Everything in the Universe is what it is by virtue of its rate of vibration. Change the rate of vibration and you change the nature, quality and form. The vast panorama of nature, both visible and invisible, is being constantly changed by simply changing the rate of vibration, and as thought is a vibration we can also exercise this power. We can change the vibration and thus produce any condition which we desire to manifest in our bodies.
Quantum mechanics has forever changed and altered even classical mechanics. Most people however have a world view grounded in classical mechanics. Einstein refused to believe, could not see entanglement theory. He even threatened to become a cobbler if it were ever proven true. Louisa Gilder’s book The Age of Entanglement shares proof that our cause/effect model limits our understanding of the Universe. Entanglement, now proven, shows once two electrons have come into contact, they never seem to forget that this has happened. That each reacts instantly as the other no matter how far apart they are, literally destroying the speed of light limit.
7. We are all using this power every minute. The trouble is most of us are using it unconsciously and thus producing undesirable results. The problem is to use it intelligently and produce only desirable results. This should not be difficult, because we all have had sufficient experience to know what produces pleasant vibration in the body, and we also know the causes which produce the unpleasant and disagreeable sensations.
Our access to this source of power, our relationship with our ‘self’, provides mastery or chaos.
12. These processes of the subconscious mind usually proceed without our personal knowledge or direction, and so long as we do not interfere the result is perfect, but, as these millions of repair cells are all intelligent and respond to our thought, they are often paralyzed and rendered impotent by our thoughts of fear, doubt, and anxiety. They are like an army of workmen, ready to start an important piece of work, but every time they get started on the undertaking a strike is called, or plans changed, until they finally get discouraged and give up.
His objective and subjective minds are both part of the subconscious mind. Every feeling preceded by a thought suggests where to manage the feelings. This month Og’s Scroll VI tells us how to use our conscious mind to control the subconscious.
• If I feel depressed, I will sing.
• If I feel sad, I will laugh.
• If I feel ill, I will double my labor.
• If I feel fear, I will plunge ahead.
• If I feel inferior, I will wear new garments.
• If I feel uncertain, I will raise my voice.
• If I feel poverty, I will think of wealth to come.
• If I feel incompetent, I will remember past success.
• If I feel insignificant, I will remember my goals.
Today I will be master of my emotions. …
• If I become overconfident, I will recall my failures.
• If I overindulge, I will think of past hungers.
• If I feel complacency, I will remember my competition.
• If I enjoy moments of greatness, I will remember moments of shame.
• If I feel all-powerful, I will try to stop the wind.
• If I attain great wealth, I will remember one unfed mouth.
• If I become overly proud, I will remember a moment of weakness.
• If I feel my skill is unmatched, I will look at the stars.
Today I will master my emotions.
15. Every cell in your body is intelligent and will respond to your direction. The cells are all creators and will create the exact pattern which you give them.
Most pain is only a memory of pain. The source of the pain occurred long before and still, even after numerous, sometimes thousands of new cell divisions, the pain is still there but actually, it is not real. It is only a memory. Learning how to restore the local cellular memories to zero works like a miracle but the subconscious keeps copies!! Stubborn and persistent the pain needs to be zeroed again and again until the subconscious agrees.
17. Brain cells are constructed in the same way. The quality of the brain is governed by the state of mind, or mental attitude, so that if undesirable mental attitudes are conveyed to the subjective they will in turn be transferred to the body; we can therefore readily see that if we wish the body to manifest health, strength and vitality this must be the predominant thought.
The state of mind is inside our ‘frame of reference’ which is inside our worldview or realm of reality. The state of mind is constrained by our point of view which is limited by our worldview. All of them need some work. The ‘brick wall’ we view life through won’t accept new bricks that don’t fit, unless you alter the view. Setting off the amygdala, an amygdala hijack, takes you on a ride you have no say over. Flight or fight must run its course.
23. We know how to make any physical change in the body we desire, and having secured a working knowledge of the power of mind to this extent, we have come to know that there is practically no limitation which can be placed upon our ability to place ourselves in harmony with natural law, which is omnipotent.
Having a headache disappear is merely a conversation. A description of its size, energy, color, location and every other variable gives you the ability to focus and in the focus the ‘ache’ disappears. Numerous other examples exist that support Haanel.
24. This influence or control over the body by mind is coming to be more and more generally understood, and many physicians are now giving the matter their earnest attention. Dr. Albert T. Shofield, who has written several important books on the subject, say, “The subject of mental therapeutics is still ignored in medical works generally. In our physiologies no references is made to the central controlling power that rules the body for its good, and the power of the mind over the body is seldom spoken of”.
So ignored that Dr Albert T. Shofield and any books he wrote seem erased. I cannot find them anywhere. So ahead of his time, the time has not come around again.
27. There can be no doubt that few patients are aware how much they can do for themselves. What the patient can do for himself, the forces he can set in motion are as yet unknown. We are inclined to believe that they are far greater than most imagine, and will undoubtedly be used more and more. Mental therapeutics may be directed by the patient himself to calming the mind in excitement, by arousing feelings of joy, hope, faith, and love; by suggesting motives for exertion, by regular mental work, by diverting the thoughts from the malady.
Actually, we cannot have people doing for themselves. More and more self-control has become illegal today. Haanel would be shocked I believe that so many people expect someone or something to take care of them. The myths we live in not recognized as superstitions have far more control over the herd of humankind than the herd will admit. The ‘herd’ masters know.
31. … appreciate the ideal man, the man made in the image and likeness of God, and you will more readily appreciate the all originating Mind that forms, upholds, sustains, originates, and creates all there is.
Haanel clearly formed and raised in a ‘fire and brimstone’ environment struggled like all of us against his initial installed world view. The originating Mind has some purpose for it… the original install produces survival. Stay with it, you are stuck with it.
My propositions serve as elucidations in the following sense: anyone who understands me eventually recognizes them as nonsensical, when he has used them – as steps – to climb up beyond them. (He must, so to speak, throw away the ladder after he has climbed up it.)… then he sees the world rightly… Whereof one cannot speak thereof one must be silent. – Ludwig Wittgenstein