Growing up the two refrains, I heard most often were:
‘The thing we least in others is what we least in ourselves.’
‘Just remember, when you point a finger at anyone, three are pointing back at you.’
3. All great things come through recognition; the scepter of power is consciousness, and thought is its messenger, and this messenger is constantly molding the realities of the invisible world into the conditions and environments of your objective world.
What about the not so great things (and everything else), is that too recognition or do we blame someone else? Is it all thought or only the ones we attract or the even fewer we reinforce with our personal energy?
5. So long as you do this [only having thoughts] you limit yourself to superficial conditions, and make of yourself a beast of burden for those who think; those who recognize their power; those who know that unless we are willing to think we shall have to work, and the less we think the more we shall have to work, and the less we shall get for our work.
Our ‘thinking’ enables less ‘physical’ work. Thinking is work and so many choose not to do any.
8. When you begin to perceive that the essence of the Universal is within yourself — is you — you begin to do things; you begin to feel your power; it is the fuel which fires the imagination; which lights the torch of inspiration; which gives vitality to thought; which enables you to connect with all the invisible forces of the Universe. It is this power which will enable you to plan fearlessly, to execute masterfully.
Our Essence is like a speck of dust in the cosmos. A pretty powerful speck however once you go to work.
9. But perception will come only in the Silence; this seems to be the condition required for all great purposes. You are a visualizing entity. Imagination is your workshop. It is here that your ideal is to be visualized.
10. As a perfect understanding of the nature of this power is a primary condition for its manifestation, visualize the entire method over and over again, so that you may use it whenever occasion requires. The infinity of wisdom is to follow the method whereby we may have the inspiration of the omnipotent Universal Mind on demand at any time.
What is a ‘perfect understanding’ of anything? This appears to be another mountain with no top. What I experienced as ‘perfect’ yesterday is different, more and perfect again today.
11. We can fail to recognize this world within, and so exclude it from our consciousness, but it will still be the basic fact of all existence; and when we learn to recognize it, not only in ourselves, but in all persons, events, things and circumstances we shall have found the “Kingdom of heaven” which we are told is “within” us.
Recognize it is in everyone or Denial just might be evil…
12. Our failures are a result of the operation of exactly the same principle; the principle is unchangeable; its operation is exact, there is no deviation; if we think lack, limitation, discord, we shall find their fruits on every hand; if we think poverty, unhappiness or disease, the thought messengers will carry the summons as readily as any other kind of thought and the result will be just as certain. If we fear a coming calamity, we shall be able to say with Job, “the thing I feared has come upon me”; if we think unkindly or ignorantly we shall thus attract to ourselves the results of our ignorance.
Not thinking lack requires thinking lack first. It appears ‘not’ has no meaning for the omnipotent Universe.
15. Inspiration is the art of imbibing, the art of self-realization; the art of adjusting the individual mind to that of the Universal Mind; the art of attaching the proper mechanism to the source of all power; the art of differentiating the formless into form; the art of becoming a channel for the flow of Infinite Wisdom; the art of visualizing perfection; the art of realizing the omnipresence of Omnipotence.
17. An understanding of these facts, first intellectually and then emotionally, will enable us to drink deeply from this ocean of infinite power [thought]. An intellectual understanding will be of no assistance; the emotions must be brought into action; [thinking] without feeling is cold. The required combination is [thinking] and feeling.
Emotional ‘understanding’ would be experiencing an emotion with acceptance without judgment and without resistance. Yes, ‘Virginia’ you can walk on water!
18. Inspiration is from within. The Silence is necessary, the senses must be stilled, the muscles relaxed, repose cultivated. When you have thus come into possession of a sense of poise and power you will be ready to receive the information or inspiration or wisdom which may be necessary for the development of your purpose.
Read it again and notice it all depends when ‘you will be ready’… The sense of ‘poise and power’ may be a mystery or a huge hole of Silence and without it you are not ready.
19. Do not confuse these methods with those of the clairvoyant; they have nothing in common. Inspiration is the art of receiving and makes for all that is best in life; your business in life is to understand and command these invisible forces instead of letting them command and rule you. Power implies service; inspiration implies power; to understand and apply the method of inspiration is to become a superman.
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. – Friedrich Nietzsche
20. We can live more abundantly every time we breathe, if we consciously breathe with that intention. The IF is a very important condition in this case, as the intention governs the attention, and without the attention you can secure only the results which every one else secures. That is, a supply equal to the demand.
Attention versus intention and everyone loves a good riddle. The supply of anything is about your ability to ‘pay’ attention. Your ‘intention’ is the pay.
24. Every time we breathe we fill our lungs with air and at the same time vitalize our body with this Pranic Ether which is Life itself, so that we have the opportunity of making a conscious connection with All Life, All Intelligence and All Substance.
26. This “breath of life” is a superconscious reality. It is the essence of the “I am.” It is pure “Being” or Universal Substance, and our conscious unity with it enables us to localize it, and thus exercise the powers of this creative energy.
Jung called the superconscious the collective unconscious mind. We all have access. Either we use the access on purpose or ‘it’ uses us. All justification is it using you.
27. Thought is creative vibration and the quality of the conditions created will depend upon the quality of our [thinking], because we cannot express powers which we do not possess. We must “be” before we can “do” and we can “do” only to the extent to which we “are,” and so what we do will necessarily coincide with what we “are” and what we are depends upon what we “think.”
To be satisfied, to expand, you must first be where you are, and do what you are doing – no matter where you are and what you are doing. – Werner Erhard
If you believe having a million dollars is what makes you a millionaire you are not thinking correctly. First you must be a millionaire! Once you BE a millionaire, you will DO what millionaires do and only THEN will you have a million dollars. That is just the way it works. You must first BE it, to DO it and then you will HAVE it, whatever ‘it’ is.
28. Every time you think you start a train of causation which will create a condition in strict accordance with the quality of the thought which originated it. [Thinking] which is in harmony with the Universal Mind will result in corresponding conditions. [Thinking] which is destructive or discordant will produce corresponding results. You may use thought constructively or destructively, but the immutable law will not allow you to plant a thought of one kind and reap the fruit of another. You are free to use this marvelous creative power as you will, but you must take the consequences.
We are the consequences of our own thinking. We are NOT the consequences of Universal thought.
31. For your exercise this week, go into the Silence and concentrate on the fact that “In him we live and move and have our being” is literally and scientifically exact! That you ARE because He IS, that if He is Omnipresent He must be in you. That if He is all in all you must be in Him! That He is Spirit and you are made in “His image and likeness” and that the only difference between His spirit and your spirit is one of degree, that a part must be the same in kind and quality as the whole. When you can realize this clearly you will have found the secret of the creative power of thought, you will have found the origin of both good and evil, you will have found the secret of the wonderful power of concentration, you will have found the key to the solution of every problem whether physical, financial, or environmental.
It has taken twenty weeks, if you have done the “work”, to get here, to get this far! As a belief, this is worthless however. One must experience it for its power to make any difference. Believing you could be a bicycle rider is not the same thing as riding a bicycle WITHOUT falling off.
What we do depends upon what we are [Who we Be] and what we are [Who we Be] depends upon what we think. If what you think is you thinking, think something different [to demonstrate you can] or if you can’t, who is doing the thinking. Who do you think you are? You are not your mind nor are you the thoughts you have or that have you unless that is what you say. What you say is so for you. Therefore, who you are is what YOU say, what you say to your ‘Self’ and to others.