In this week’s lesson, Haanell states, Most persons concentrate intently upon unsatisfactory conditions, thereby giving the condition that measure of energy and vitality which is necessary in order to supply a vigorous growth.
It’s a waste to chase the pipe dream of a magical tiny theory that allows us to make quick and detailed calculations about the future. We can’t predict and we can’t control. To accept this can be a source of liberation and inner peace. We’re part of the unfolding world, surfing the chaotic waves. – Rudy Rucker
The purpose of Nature is the advancement and unfoldment of life. – Wallace Wattles
Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. To recognize this Intelligence is to acquaint yourself with the knowing quality of Mind and through it to move upon the Universal Substance, and bring it into harmonious relations in your affairs.
Perhaps it might be easier, in the beginning at least, bringing yourself into harmonious relations with Universal Substance and Universal Mind. It is easier to ride the horse in the direction it is headed.
The universe desires you to have everything you want to have. – Wallace Wattles
The whole process of mental adjustment and atonement can be summed up in one word, gratitude. Many people who order their lives rightly in all other ways are kept in poverty by their lack of gratitude. – Wallace Wattles
Gratitude and harmony are not just acceptance or settling for the way it is. They are a level of participation with persistence and patience that all you intend occurs.
6. Mind is creative and the principle upon which this law is based is sound and legitimate and is inherent in the nature of things; but this creative power does not originate in the individual, but in the Universal, which is the source and fountain of all energy and substance, the individual is simply the channel for the distribution of this energy. The individual is the means by which the Universal produces the various combinations which result in the formation of phenomena.
We are a means to the Universal Minds ends and we have a choice. Yes or no and most of the time we are a no.
“How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing and fools hate knowledge? Proverbs 1.22
16. All things have their origin in mind, and appearances are the result of thought. So that we see that things in themselves have no origin, permanency, or reality. Since they are produced by thought, they can be erased by thought.
Does this mean you have to ‘believe’ it to see it, belief being a kind of thought and doubt being another kind?
18. Back of every effect there is a cause, and if we follow the trail to its starting point, we shall find the creative principle out of which it grew. Proofs of this are now so complete that this truth is generally accepted.
Generally perhaps but some of these ‘theories’ cost a lot of time, money and energy to keep conscious in the public arena. Could we have a little more global warming please!
20. The Universal Mind, being infinite and omnipotent, has unlimited resources at its command, and when we remember that it is also omnipresent, we cannot escape the conclusion that we must be an expression or manifestation of that Mind.
Some people actually believe because they are small chunks of the Universal Mind they then may operate from a limited set of omnipotence, which is not omnipotence. We are part of the unlimited resources, not the other way round.
– not my will, but thine, be done. Luke 22:42
21. A recognition and understanding of the resources of the subconscious mind will indicate that the only difference between the subconscious and the Universal is one of degree. They differ only as a drop of water differs from the ocean. They are the same in kind and quality, the difference is one of degree only.
Again, a molecule of seawater MAY contain the same kind and quality of the ocean but that ain’t no ocean! Participating with the ocean gets it done. Participating alone is vapor. There is a lot of gas going on and there are no mathematical formula for how clouds work either!
However, Haanel offers recognition.
22. Do you, can you, appreciate the value of this all-important fact; do you realize that a recognition of this tremendous fact places you in touch with Omnipotence? The subconscious mind being the connecting link between the Universal Mind and the conscious mind, is it not evident that the conscious mind can consciously suggest thoughts which the subconscious mind will put into action, and as the subconscious is one with the Universal, is it not evident that no limit can be placed upon its activities?
The “Key” phrase is “places you in touch”. The unlimited activities are ONLY limited by the Universal Minds ends and intentions and as long as you are part and particle of this all goes according to ‘plan’.
25. Thought is the only reality; conditions are but the outward manifestations; as the thought changes, all outward or material conditions must change in order to be in harmony with their creator, which is thought.
This is nice. However, place a coin in your hand. It exists as both a substance in your hand and some thought manifestation. Your thinking will not change the substance in your hand. Unless it is in Universal Minds desire to change it will not change. Looks like a solid, real chunk of metal no matter what anyone thinks. It does not actually exist in your mind or anywhere else but is in your hand. You can feel it, warm it and even flip it for heads or tails. The difference between my experience in my mind, ‘in here’ versus my experience in the world, ‘out here’ is worth noting. Collapsing the two is called magical thinking.
28. This discipline, this change of thought, this mental attitude will not only bring you the material things which are necessary for your highest and best welfare, but will bring health and harmonious conditions generally.
Did you catch the ‘but’? Health and harmony are what this will bring. Generally!? For most people that would be a huge upside. Wealth, prosperity and your heart’s desire may come next!
You can never get rich, or start the creative power into action, by sending out unformed longings and vague desires. – Wallace Wattles
All you need is to know what you want, and to want it badly enough so that it will stay in your thoughts. – Wallace Wattles
The more clear and definite you make your picture then, and the more you dwell upon it, bringing out all its delightful details, the stronger your desire will be. The man who can sincerely thank God for the things which as yet he owns only in imagination, has real faith. It is faith and purpose in the use of the imagination which make the difference between the scientist and the dreamer. Hold to the FAITH that the imaginary is being realized, and to the PURPOSE to realize it. – Wallace Wattles
If you watch Door to Door you watch the power of patience and persistence in consistent action by Bill Porter. A person with a single sales presentation makes a difference in the lives of everyone he meets.
30. Your world without will be a reflection of your world within.
The reality without requires a peaceful harmonious mental attitude within [with what or who??]. Once you have that everything is possible. We are only past half way!
The prizes of life are at the end of each journey… – Og Mandino