This week I have little to say myself. The quotes from various other courses and classes I have participated in suggest Haanel is not the only master of ceremonies to have all your dreams come true. The dots are all falling into place for me. We are only half way through too!
Haanel writes, Part Thirteen…tells why the dreams of the dreamer come true. It explains the law of causation by which dreamers, inventors, authors, financiers, bring about the realization of their desires. It explains the law by which the thing pictured upon our mind eventually becomes our own.
Raving on the merits of inductive logic and the scientific method, the method of Bacon, Haanel offers some pause.
8. … But the greater the success which men have achieved in the inductive science, the more does the whole tenor of their teachings and example impress us with the necessity of observing carefully, patiently, accurately, with all the instruments and resources at our command the individual facts before venturing upon a statement of general laws.
Inductive reasoning allows a best guess to produce a working, plausible and grand solution. It fits the circumstances from the point of view taken. As guesses go, they are often wonderful and still a best guess, the ‘truth’ of the matter being invisible still.
12. If then, we find that certain persons seem to possess unusual power, what are we to conclude? First, we may say, it is not so, which is simply an acknowledgment of our lack of information because every honest investigator admits that there are many strange and previously unaccountable phenomena constantly taking place. Those, however, who become acquainted with the creative power of thought, will no longer consider them unaccountable.
I believe that my FUTURE guides my PRESENT actions, and creates the PAST. So its not the past and present affecting and creating my future, but my thoughts of the future that are affecting and creating my actions presently. In other words, I do not allow my past and present situations to affect or create my future. I choose the way I want my future to occur, and my actions automatically act on those thoughts and the universe responds, creating my future. – Werner Erhard
13. Second, we may say that they are the result of supernatural interference, but a scientific understanding of Natural Laws will convince us that there is nothing supernatural. Every phenomenon is the result of an accurate definite cause, and the cause is an immutable law or principle, which operates with invariable precision, whether the law is put into operation consciously or unconsciously.
It is assumed that the phenomenon which we now accept without surprise do not excite our astonishment because they are understood. But this is NOT the case. If they do not surprise us, it is not because they are understood, it is because they are familiar; for if that which is not understood ought to surprise us, we should be surprised at everything – the fall of a stone thrown into the air, the acorn which becomes an oak, mercury which expands when it is heated, iron attracted by a magnet.
The science of today is a light matter. . . those amazing truths that our decedents will discover are even now all around us, staring us in the eyes, so to speak; and yet we do not see them. But it is not enough to say that we do not see them; we do not wish to see them – for as soon as an unexpected and unfamiliar fact appears, we try to fit it into the framework of the commonplaces of accepted knowledge, and are indignant that anyone should dare to experiment further. – Charles Robert Richet, Nobel Laureate 1913
14. Third, we may say that we are on “forbidden ground,” that there are some things which we should not know. This objection was used against every advance in human knowledge. Every individual who ever advanced a new idea, whether a Columbus, a Darwin, a Galileo, a Fulton or an Emerson, was subjected to ridicule or persecution; so that this objection should receive no serious consideration; but, on the contrary, we should carefully consider every fact which is brought to our attention; by doing this we will more readily ascertain the law upon which it is based.
The objection is used against every dictator, mass murderer and others who operate from a different perspective than the current herd. Being locked up for crimes against the current thinking happens as often today as it has ever occurred. The so-called free democracies are no better at this than closed tyrannical governments. Just ask a guy named Edward Snowden.
16. Thought will bring about conditions in correspondence with the predominant mental attitude. Therefore, if we fear disaster, as fear is a powerful form of thought, disaster will be the certain result of our thinking. It is this form of thought which frequently sweeps away the result of many years of toil and effort.
I doubt it. Most people I know spend far too much time believing the worst will happen and it seldom ever does. Wasting a lot of time on the negative possibilities only takes away from the possible however. If the Universal Mind wants you to entertain disaster, your thinking one way or another will do little to change it. Your attitude will make a difference in how you respond.
22. In the first place, we must put our knowledge into practice. Nothing can be accomplished in any other way. The athlete may read books and lessons on physical training all his life, but unless he begins to give out strength by actual work he will never receive any strength; he will eventually get exactly what he gives; but he will have to give it first. It is exactly the same with us; we will get exactly what we give, but we shall have to give it first. It will then return to us many fold, and the giving is simply a mental process, because thoughts are causes and conditions are effects; therefore in giving thoughts of courage, inspiration, health or help of any kind we are setting causes in motion which will bring about their effect.
All you have to do is know where you’re going. The answers will come to you of their own accord. The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.- Earl Nightingale
25. In creating a Mental Image or an Ideal, we are projecting a thought into the Universal Substance from which all things are created. This Universal Substance is Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient. Are we to inform the Omniscient as to the proper channel to be used to materialize our demand? Can the finite advise the Infinite? This is the cause of failure; of every failure. We recognize the Omnipresence of the Universal Substance, but we fail to appreciate the fact that this substance is not only Omnipresent, but is Omnipotent and Omniscient, and consequently will set causes in motion concerning which we may be entirely ignorant.
In order to deal with something new that is for you at first counter-intuitive, that is, doesn’t fit with what you already know or believe, you have to so to speak get off your already existing wall of bricks (as we said, be like the cat thrown into the air), and take on what is new just as itself, that is, without trying to deal with it by making it like anything with which you are already familiar.
To be successful in dealing with what is new and at first counter-intuitive for you and produce a transformation for yourself, you must be willing to tolerate the conflict and resulting tension between what is new and your existing wall of bricks. You must stick with it even though sticking with it feels like having been thrown up in the air topsy-turvy.
What makes something counter-intuitive is nothing more than its being inconsistent with your existing wall of bricks. A new brick that is counter-intuitive has to be held in suspension, held apart from and out beyond your already existing wall of bricks.
In fact, you have to be willing to stand on nothing, as it were, and grapple with creating what is new for you as a new realm of possibility for yourself. – Werner Erhard
To sum this all up… if you are committed to remaining comfortable in your little thought paradigm. NOTHING will make any difference for you. The price of freedom, of your dreams is being uncomfortable.