Week 8 Mr Haanel writes, It is the Law which makes the Universe one grand paean of Harmony. If it were not for law, the Universe would be a Chaos instead of a Cosmos.
Chaos theory was not part of his world and may be another valid way to view ‘it’ all.
There is therefore but one law, one principle, one cause, one Source of Power, and good and evil are simply words which have been coined to indicate the result of our action, or our compliance or non-compliance with this law.
WILL: yours or the one Source of Power’s will. Your will be done, not mine. Where and what ‘will’ I was obedient to was an issue growing up. I was at times “stubborn and willful” and “courageous and smart” at others. Whose ‘will’ was I following made the difference in the assessment. Og Mandino’s second scroll “I WILL” greet this day with love in my heart, does not mean to me someday in the future. It means I WILL into existence immediately and forever more whatever follows after “I WILL”. This is as powerful as “I AM”.
It is evident therefore that we are to hate nothing, not even the “bad,” because hatred is destructive, and we shall soon find that by entertaining destructive thought we are sowing the “wind” and in turn shall reap the “whirlwind.”
The opposite of ‘love’ is not hatred but resignation. The ‘force’ of hatred or love is perhaps the same. While the perspective, the point of view, of the observer seems to indicate what hate is… The current political mishmash of US ‘hate’ speech is essentially nothing more than point of view. Haanel suggests outcome is key… perhaps it has more to do with the “WILL” of the Source of Power. You are either in alignment or not. Not is allowed but be careful of the millstone you earn if you pick the wrong alignment.
2. As the one purpose of life is growth, all principles underlying existence must contribute to give it effect. Thought, therefore, takes form and the law of growth eventually brings it into manifestation.
The suggestion here is anything that enhances growth is good and not is bad. … of course what you intend to grow is again from the view of the observer. Attempting to operate from inside Karma, cause and effect, puts all inside bound. To operate outside of Karma is possible … if not, only because you say so… and may be the only place to observe the ‘Source of Power’ inevitable growth. Staying locked inside Karma is essentially being at the effect of effect and never a cause.
5. If your thought has been critical or destructive, and has resulted in any condition of discord or inharmony in your environment, it may be necessary for you to cultivate a mental attitude which will be conducive to constructive thought.
Harmony is essential. Clearly, harmony is an attribute of both ‘good’ and ‘evil’ however. Plus and minus are merely polarities. Edison and Tesla were unable to produce harmony between them. Separated, each created harmony to achieve their dreams, their visualizations. Perhaps someone else creates the harmony of the results. We must take care of our harmony first.
12. A builder cannot build a structure of any kind until he has first received the plans from the architect, and the architect must get them from his imagination.
Who is the builder? Who is the architect? Are they the same? Can you be both? OR are the various parts of ‘mind’ used to implement all the activities to fulfill the imagination.
13. …it is in the Master Mind that the real things are created, and it is by the use of the imagination that the work is done. In order to cultivate the imagination it must be exercised. Exercise is necessary to cultivate mental muscle as well as physical muscle. It must be supplied with nourishment or it cannot grow.
What is the nourishment? What is the source of this nourishment? Henry Ford’s request from his ‘master mind’ for a working V8 engine did not have a detailed working picture for a long time… Ford wanted it regardless. His mastermind failed over and over …until success was achieved.
15. Constructive imagination means mental labor, by some considered to be the hardest kind of labor, but, if so, it yields the greatest returns, for all the great things in life have come to men and women who had the capacity to think, to imagine, and to make their dreams come true.
This capacity to ‘think’ is not ‘having thoughts’ but the ability to sort the thoughts we are immersed or attract, to assemble what the ‘Infinite’ plan wills. We either participate in alignment or not. Participating in the alignment of the “Infinite” provides everything effortlessly once you acquire your ‘marching orders’ [DMP] and agree ‘your will be done, not mine.’
16. When you have become thoroughly conscious of the fact that Mind is the only creative principle, that it is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent, and that you can consciously come into harmony with this Omnipotence through your power of thought, you will have taken a long step in the right direction.
The subconscious is never conscious! There is a place from where you may observe both conscious mind and subconscious. The conscious controls the subconscious and it will run the entire operation IF YOU ALLOW it. The subconscious is a connection to the ‘Infinite’ and not necessarily the only one. The conscious operates according to your ‘will’ or the will you align with. Keeping them separate, distinct and staying aware of their activities is paramount. Operating, aligning with the ‘power of thought’ is a key.
17. The next step is to place yourself in position to receive this power. As it is Omnipresent, it must be within you. We know that this is so because we know that all power is from within, but it must be developed, unfolded, cultivated; in order to do this we must be receptive, and this receptivity is acquired just as physical strength is gained, by exercise.
The exercises of the course are about developing and cultivating the mind. At some point, you will more and more control. Managing ‘anger’ or any strong emotional state for most of us is by suppression and force. “Whatever you resist persists.” When I discovered using the opposite approach gave me more control I was delighted. When angry or upset, make yourself more angry, more upset and IF [big if] you grow it large enough you will experience the controls dials and levers … and you can then dial the anger out. It doesn’t take too many times to discover the entire control panel at our disposal. “Whatever you let be will let you be.”
21. People say that they desire abundant life, and so they do, but so many interpret this to mean that if they will exercise their muscles or breathe scientifically, eat certain foods in certain ways, drink so many glasses of water every day of just a certain temperature, keep out of drafts, they will attain the abundant life they seek. The result of such methods is but indifferent. However, when man awakens to the truth, and affirms his oneness with all Life, he finds that he takes on the clear eye, the elastic step, the vigor of youth; he finds that he has discovered the source of all power.
I understand Haanel and if all someone can do at the time is ‘breathe scientifically, eat certain foods in certain ways, drink so many glasses of water’ then that is where they are. Caterpillars ‘will’ eventually enter the chrysalis stage.
25. If you have been faithful to your ideal, you will hear the call when circumstances are ready to materialize your plans and results will correspond in the exact ratio of your fidelity to your ideal. The ideal steadily held is what pre-determines and attracts the necessary conditions for its fulfillment.
You have to begin exercising the will. Once you discover you must begin with ‘nothing’ the ideal steadily held becomes more clear with each new visit. Expecting the skyscraper to appear complete at the beginning happens further into our development. Once you learn and experience how to move mountains, everything else is possible.
26. It is thus that you may weave a garment of spirit and power into the web of your entire existence; it is thus that you may lead a charmed life and be forever protected from all harm; it is thus that you may become a positive force whereby conditions of opulence and harmony may be attracted to you.
Proverbs often contradict one another, as any reader soon discovers. The sagacity that advises us to look before we leap promptly warns us that if we hesitate we are lost; that absence makes the heart grow fonder, but out of sight, out of mind. – Leo Rosten
When you can find or discover that point of view where both are true, are so simultaneously OR you can see both from the same point of view the ‘charmed life’ is present too.
29. It is the few who know that the things which they see are only effects, and understand the causes by which these effects were brought into existence.
Please note, Haanel begin this week saying; There is therefore but one law, one principle, one cause, one Source of Power, and good and evil are simply words which have been coined to indicate the result of our action, or our compliance or non-compliance with this law.
The key is what we focus on. Putting the principle into practice puts us in charge of our life. Human beings have a brain that creates in reality whatever it’s focused on. The problem is NOT that we don’t have an ability to create results. It’s that the mechanism that creates the results—our focus—is, for most of us, running on autopilot, unconsciously. Once you take charge of how you focus your mind, consciously and intentionally focus the spotlight of your mind on the outcome you want, you and Infinite, will a way for it to happen in reality. This cannot not fail, unless YOU say so.
Can you ‘will’ the future? Of course you can! If you have not read the Press Release above, now is a good time.